If you’re reading this, it’s because you’re interested in submitting a Crowd Control session to a major speedrunning event (GDQ or ESA), and that’s awesome!
Because of the nature of Crowd Control and the tech it requires to run a successful session for so many users, we want you to consider the following guidelines:
- You do not have to contact the Warp World team to make a submission.
- Game that is going to be submitted MUST have hardware support. GDQ will reject non hardware submissions.
- Contact the Warp World team to notify the run’s acceptance.
- Have the availability to meet with the Warp World team via Discord call/Google Hangout at LEAST once before the marathon.
- Have full availability to meet with the Warp World team and marathon staff onsite when needed.
- If run is randomized, the seed to be used must be vetted by a member of the Warp World team or a trusted member of the accepted game’s community to ensure the run is Crowd Control friendly and marathon safe.
FAILURE TO FOLLOW THESE GUIDELINES MAY RESULT IN:
- Your submission being rejected.
- Warp World deciding to not collaborate with the run, putting the technical and logistic responsibilities on you, the runner.
If you have any questions, make sure to reach out to the Warp World team in our Discord Server!