Here we will explain how to use Sonic Mania with Crowd Control. The “Encore DLC” is needed for some effects to work, but this mod is still usable without it.
We will be using a mod manager to allow effects to work. Head to https://gamebanana.com/tools/6273 and grab the latest download. Unzip the contents of the zip to your Sonic Mania install. If your using steam, it should look something like this:
- Download the Crowd Control mod here.
- Copy the contents of this zip to the
modsfolder in your Sonic Mania install. Should look like this:
- Hit START in the Crowd Control desktop app
ManiaModManager.exefrom the Sonic Mania folder.
- Make sure “Chat Vs Sonic Mania - Crowd Control” is checked
- Save & Play from the Mania Mod Manager!
NOTE: Other mods may work, but are not completely supported.
CodenameGamma suggests the following settings in the “Codes” tab of the manager:
- Debug Mode (incase you get stuck)
- Infinite Lives
- Disable Background Pausing
You can follow the general setup guide at https://crowdcontrol.live/setup for extra help with the Crowd Control app or extension. And don’t forget to adjust item pricing at https://crowdcontrol.live/item-pricing/!
If you have any questions or need help with this setup, please head over to our forum or discord for additional support!