Can't find game, Dark Souls Remastered

Since the last update, whenever I try to inject CC into Dark Souls Remastered, the game seems to not be recognised whereas before the update, it was. I have reinstalled the game from steam and even crowd control, restarted my pc, and none of that worked. Any ideas or is this a common issue?

Try running CrowdControl as administrator.

It detects Prepare to Die Edition but with the Remastered it’s a no go, no matter what I do

Hello! In most cases Remastered is the better way to go. Another thing to try is to make sure the game install is on C:\

And make sure to run the CC desktop app as admin!

Yeah, I’ve been playing the remastered since February or so, and it was working well but it just doesn’t work anymore since I uptated. If you mean that the installation is on C, yeah it’s on Steam’s default location so it shouldn’t be an issue, and even after setting and launching CC as admin it doesn’t “attach to the game”. It’s a bit strange as other games and even Prepare to Die work without problems. I even reinstalled both DSR and CC (and restarted PC) and it’s still not working, so I don’t know what else could it be

The only updates to the application have been to the Electron (front-facing) side of the software. The backend of the code, with Crowd Control runs as a C# executable and hasn’t changed. The pack for Dark Souls hasn’t changed in a long time either.

It is very odd that only that game isn’t working for you at this point. You can go to the About CrowdControl at the bottom left, double click the I icon, and click Console at the tabs on the top right. You may need to increase the width of the application.

Once you do that, select Dark Souls, launch the game, and click Start and post the log that follows. That will at least help us troubleshoot further.

Also, maybe just incase, can you delete Prepare to Die and see if that helps?