Can't find the BizHawk emulator path

For some reason I do not understand the guide, I opened Emuhawk which opens a window named BizHawk, I changed the customization option to the Lua+Luainterface press ok and it says the config is saved.

Yet I can’t find the path with crowd control, emuhawk is version 2.3.1.1 which was linked in the guide.

I can’t open the game either (pokemon Blue in this case) with BizHawk.

I’m honestly super confused at this, what am I doing wrong?

You’ll want to configure the path to bizhawk in the cc desktop app. The screenshot here should show what you want: https://crowdcontrol.live/setup#desktopApp

You also want to configure the path to your game in that section of the app. After all that, you can “Start” from the game selection and click the “Launch Bizhawk” button.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

1 Like

Yeah, I found that link before asking the question, I think my problem is that I can’t get Bizhawk to work.

When I start Pokemon blue on it it’s always sped up and pressing A without me doing anything, and when I try to change mapping (or hotkeys) it keeps out filling in stuff (super annoying) with J1 B2 (I have no idea on what that means). and when I try to pick the path on the crowd control app I don’t find the BizHawk app.

I really want to get it to work by the end of the month but I’m so confused on what I have to do.

ok I found the problem, I was looking for the program to be selected (like I did with the rom) but I just needed to select the map where the program is located.

I knew I was missing something small. (my bad) Is there anyway to test the crowd control stuff without going online? I want to make sure everything is in order before starting.

Hey @mistercoldinc sorry I missed your last reply. You can test effects using the “Live Extension” or “Effect List” buttons from the app after you start a new session.

1 Like

no problem, no problem, thank you for helping me get through this. I tried using the “live extension” to test it out.

I’m trying to sleep my charmander (costs 40 coins since I have 50 coins and I can test it) but nothing happens.

I do notice on “Lua Console” that’s open that I get the
“Unable to find domain: System Bus, falling back to current
Warning: attempted read of 53603 outside the memory size of 8192”

so I probably did something wrong.

edit: When I click Effect List, I get a note: “Connect your game to crowd control to use this page”. Yet the game boots up when I click “Launch BizHawk”.

rebooting fixes this but the moment I ask something the same error comes up over and over again when I ask for a status effect. On the Lua Console I get X gave you a lvl Y Z when I request a pokemon, but nothing gets added in game.

After some testing, I tried SM64 and it seems to work. Yet pokemon blue doesn’t (oof).

Maybe I’m using a wrong rom? I don’t know. it has the cc version on the start screen.

edit: I’m also opening CC through Steam now because I can the use my pro controller. I hope this doesn’t give issues with twitch. SM64 seems to work so.