Console support for NES Punch Out?

Hey! I was just curious on if this could possibly be implemented at some point. Punch Out is very much a game where the input lag from emulator will change the game from being perfectly playable, to completely unplayable with what the game normally expects out of you in terms of reaction time. I saw that this was able to be pulled off for Mario 3, so I was just wondering if this has a chance at being done too. Thanks for your time!

Yeah for NES games to get hardware support we need to actually modify the game with extra code to be able to do the things we do. It’s not a simple process, but is certainly something we could do for a game like Punch-Out since we know the timing is very important.

I’ll bring it up and we’ll add it to the list of features for Punch-Out. While we’re in there, if you have any suggestions or feedback on the effects that would also be extremely helpful.

Awesome, thank you Jaku! I had a couple of ideas that aren’t on the current list that would be cool if they were possible to add.

• Can’t dodge/duck/block for a short amount of time (same as disabling left/right/down)
  • Let the crowd use a star punch (basically just have it press the Start button)
  • Instantly knock down Mac even if he’s not being hit by an opponent
  • Instantly KO Mac (can’t mash A/B to get back up; would be pretty expensive)
  • Can’t see for a short amount of time (maybe add something to block Mac/opponent, or turn everything black?)

That’s all I came up with that was different from the list already up. Thanks again for the quick response!