Crowd control instant crash

I just downloaded the latest version of crowd control and when I try to start it up it instantly crashes.

Hey there,

Are you seeing any error messages during this crash? Do you have anti-virus software that might be causing our software to close?

Any screenshots or more info will help!

Since I’m assuming it does not give any error message based on your message of it instantly crashing. It’s very possible another CC process is still running in the background and when you open the “new” one it closes because it detects the new one.

Rebooting your computer should solve that, or finding the process in task manager and killing it should resolve the issue.

If that is not the case, you can try the following steps which one of them should resolve it.

Press windows + R, type %appdata%\..\Local\Programs and delete the Crowd Control folder. and then reinstall the application. This removes the program it self but not your personal settings.

Press windows + R, type %appdata% and delete the Crowd Control folder there. This does not require a reinstall after, but does delete your personal settings for CC and will require you to re-login and setup.