Effects not appearing OOT:Randomizer

Heya,

Sorry to bother, spent a few hours searching around and looking at youtube vids but cannot get the effects working for OOT:R.

I will refer to some images to assist the troubleshooting, see here for images: https://imgur.com/a/vv0dr5E

I have the updated Version of CC and have installed Bizhawk 2.3.1 via the setup page. I have installed the OOT:R client and have created a seed that is the ROM path to the emulator: See Fig. 1

Over on the Game Selection tab on the CC client, the ‘start’ button works, from which I can then press the ‘Launch BizHawk’ button: See Fig. 2 and Fig. 3

The game launches successfully, the Rom works, I can play the game (played the first few minutes, all good). See Fig. 4

I have the Twitch Extension active and the overlay on my stream displays the correct game, effects list, prices and you can get coins. Redeeming coins with channel rewards also works.

In EmuHawk, Under Config -> Advanced -> Lua+LuaInterface has been chosen. The Lua Console opens when the game launches successfully.

When anyone tries to now redeem an effect on the Twitch overlay, the coins are deducted but no effect happens. The browser overlay is active on OBS but does not display any of the redeems. The Event List on CC does not show any redeems.

If you have any suggestions or ideas I’m all ears, it’s probably something super simple I’ve overlooked but really appreciate any advice.

Thanks for the amazing extension!

~ Bunny

Hey,

Just to be on the same page, try setting up CC using bizhawk 2.6.1. We officially support his version now and have been doing most of our tests with it: https://github.com/TASVideos/BizHawk/releases/tag/2.6.1

Once you have a game launched through the CC desktop app, you want to try testing effects before going live. OOTR just required you to be outside of Links house for effects to activate. The “Live Extension” button and under Game Controls “Effect List” will let you test effects. Try effects using this method and let us know if it still doesn’t work. Launching the desktop app as admin may be worth trying as well.

Also worth noting, if you have Spectrum as your ISP, there may be connection issues with CC and we have some work arounds at Do you have Spectrum?

1 Like

Hi S4turn,

I was using the wrong version, all fixed and fully working.

Thanks so much for the fast response, appreciated!

Keep up the amazing work!

~ Bunny <3

1 Like