EtG + Mods

Hi there! I’ve been using CrowdControl since before its 2.0 status, and I love every interaction that its made possible! In the past, I’ve been able to run things like Modded Stardew Valley, and Modded Sonic Adventure 2, with CrowdControl as well, to enhance the experience for viewers.

Enter the Gungeon specifically though has been causing me some grief. Long story short, it appears that the CC mod itself is a MelonLoader mod, while most other mods for EtG rely on BepinEX. CC on its own for EtG works just fine, and so does an isolated instance of EtG with a couple of basic mods from Bepin. But combine them together and nothing works anymore. I’ve tried using the GitHub - BepInEx/BepInEx.MelonLoader.Loader: BepInEx loader for MelonLoader mods and plugins mod to run an instance of MelonLoader within BepinEx to try and get the game to use both loaders at the same time, but when CC is added to that, it just throws a bunch of exceptions that seem like either the CC mod or that packaged version of MelonLoader is of a wrong version.

I was curious if anyone else had run into a similar issue, or knew of any workarounds to get mods working with CC!

Using BepInEx and MelonLoader together won’t be easy if it’s possible at all.

We’ve recently started using BepInEx for other mods and we’d be better off porting our changes to that in time. Right now we’ve tracking a few bugs that is causing crashing but after that we can look into using BepInEx.

1 Like

Thanks for the speedy reply! I’ll keep an eye out for if and when that gets ported over! :blue_heart: