HTTP request failed when starting a game

When trying to connect to a game using the SD2SNES support, the Crowd Control client gives me an “HTTP request failed” error. I’ve already verified that the service is running, and that the connection to the SD2SNES from the PC is working using the default SD2SNES toolkit. Digging into it deeper, it seems that the connection to the websocket service is being rejected for some reason. Is there any sort of logging being done by the service so I can give a better error report?

Are you using our SD2SNES firmware? https://crowdcontrol.live/setup#desktopApp

To verify, is your firmware a custom build of the usb2snes firmware? I’m currently using a build of Redguy’s recently updated firmware since I have an sd2snes pro. https://github.com/RedGuyyyy/sd2snes/releases/tag/usb2snes_v10

Yep, I have been told that firmware should work.

Are you an affiliate or partner on twitch?

This error can appear if you are not affiliate/partner and is usually a false positive.Try testing out effects anyway, if the connection is actually there, you should be able to use the “Effect” button on the app.

I’m an affiliate, yes. It doesn’t work, however. I would need to try it again to get the exact error, but it effectively says that the game couldn’t be found. Do I need to be actively streaming for it to work, or should the effects work offline as well?

Nope, dont need to be streaming, just hit start. Give it a try with Bizhawk and see if you run into the same issue, to rule out something CC side.

Bizhawk works fine. When connected to SD2SNES, however, the effects list shows “Connect your game to Crowd Control to use this page.”

Managed to get it to work. The instructions aren’t very clear that you need to start the connection to SD2SNES first, and then power on the SNES before it’ll actually recognize it. Not necessarily a bug, but definitely something that should be mentioned in the setup.

1 Like

Awesome, glad you got it going. We should be able to make that more clean on the guides.