Invalid codes and warp world putting diff codes in the queue

So I’ve been loving the warp bar besides the occasional hiccup… but the last few days its just been getting wrose and worse. 2 days ago warp world starting putting in completley different level codes then the ones that viewers were submitting, sometimes it would have some of the letters the same but it would be a completely different level, usually it would be one from a creator in japan and in all Japanese.

But the BIIG problem starting happening today, (well its been happening every now and again but today was literally unbelievable) people would come in the stream, drop their level and it would say invalid code?.. happened for almost half of the codes submitted today and usually when it was a brand new level. was NEVER a problem before besides it happening VERY rarley, but i had to write down have the levels and remember which ones were before which ever ones that were actually in the warp world q it was a MESS. I really loved your guys program but it literally got to the point where I ccan’t use it because it wont take in half of the codes people give me all of the sudden seemed to happen usually when it was new but was never a problem really between that and the putting in a random level from japan it literally was unusable… I really didnt want to have to switch over to viewer levels but unfortunatley i had to make the switch. if you guys could look into this and maybe try and fix it ill switch back over but until then i really cant be having that.

first impression is everything and when people come into my stream for the first time and have their level code say invalid isnt exactly a good impression for me you knowc makes it look like I have stuff set up wrong or im not doing something right and am all over the place, would rather just use something that works, seems like as days go on I just have more and more problems until today I just gave up because it was literally just level after level that was “invalid”… but the codes were 100% perfect and right, and other codes were perfectly fine being put in the queue… if warp bar even put the right level code in the queue that is XD. PLEASE look into this i cant use the warp bar with it doing this.

This was also my experience today. It got really confusing for me.

1 Like

Warp World attempts to validate the level codes submitted. That’s how the names are being put into the chat. If we are unable to find a valid level we search for a code that the user might have meant. As explained in this post - Level ID showing differently than input.

We found that many users would end up putting in a code that was slightly off and to keep the streams moving forward without interruptions we would replace the code. This tends to keep things moving forward and prevents you from asking the user for a new code when it’s found to be invalid. It’s been working fairly well for the last 3 weeks.

However, sometimes our validation stuff does not work on new levels. If we are unable to validate the level it comes back with the invalid level information and we reject it. This is typically not a problem, but it does happen. We’re still working to improve the system, and sometimes it does have hiccups that we are working on ensuring don’t happen.

The best course of action when you are seeing this is to accept the viewers creatorID instead of the actual level, that way when it is their turn they are in the correct position and you can go to their latest level without issue.

With all that said, levels and everything should be back to working how you expect.

Yea but if the only way to do it is to remove the persons level and tell them to name the level and put in their creator code i mean, thats kind of anouying for the viewer specially if its their first time in the stream right? Like, “No just put in your creator code instead becuase warp world totally dosent work with new levels.” id have to be saying that alot and probably have alot of people just go to another stream with a system that works you know? I just really want you guys to be aware of this issue becuase I REALLY REALLY want to keep using your product but its getting impossible.

Every single time it put in another code it was a random code from a creator in japan, it was definitely NEVER the level the person was trying to put in, and EVERY TIME the level code was correct, as id copy it and paste it in notepad and it brought me to their level EVERY time so I know it wasn’t any of the codes. It seems if its a brand new level maybe your system cant verify it right away? but thats a HUGE problem becuase alot of my viewers will make a level and pop into my stream to give it to me right after they make it, maybe thats why its such a problem all of the sudden.

Honestly you having auto correct for level codes like that seems like a really bad idea, as your system says the code is invalid if its brand new so if the level is brand new its either gonna say invalid or put in a code that is kind of similar but not the level at all. @alientoyshop said they experienced the same thing so im glad its not just me having these issues.

It just sucks to have all these problems all of the sudden just seeing if you guys have encountered them before because its made warp world literally unusable.

The typo protection code only has the issue when the validation isn’t working correctly. Which has since been corrected. If the validation service is down, it’s not going to auto-correct the levels anymore.

I have the data that says auto-correct works more than it doesn’t. Just in this single case where our validation server was down for longer than usual that it caused these issues.

Warp World can work with new levels, but again if our validation system is offline we can’t verify the level they enter is correct, so it asks them to add their creator ID now.

I posted a new topic about a bug but then realized this one may be the same bug.

A viewer put in !add PL4-BHG-W3G but Multiqueue recorded it in its system as NL4-BHG-W3G. This was replicated twice. Both codes are valid level codes. This happened around 10pm PST last night.

Clip shows chat log and a visual descriptor of the issue: https://clips.twitch.tv/ThankfulCarefulScallionTooSpicy

It’s not exactly a bug, it’s the auto typo correction finder as mentioned above.

The level PL4-BHG-W3G no longer exists, it existed during your stream but our validation service was down last night as mentioned on our Twitter. https://twitter.com/WarpWorld/status/1172893911725088779

So it replaced the level with a code it knew existed. As mentioned before it should only do this when the validation system is up and running, however, you just happened to have the level added as I was getting it back online and so it hadn’t been able to validate that level yet and so it assumed it was a typo.

And now because the level itself (PL4-BHG-W3G) no longer exists, it will auto correct to NL4-BHG-W3G if the PL4 levelcode is entered.