Lack of Messages from Bot & Incorrect Displays

I just started using warp bot and i get messages for !next, and !list etc, but nothing for !open or !close - these commands do not affect the actual status of the queue either.

Also, I see my bar and it isn’t working accurately. I have a single message for when the queue is ONLY closed, and it will not show up. Then, messages i have for queue members are still displaying when there aren’t any.

Help would be appreciated, thank you.

I can help with this. Give me a little time to look at your configuration.

For your first message (the Queue Closed one), you need to have everything but Queue Open checked. What you’ve selected will make it not show up if the queue is empty, if it’s full, or if there are some entries–since the combination of these three is true for any queue state, having them all marked false means the message will never show up.

In fact, none of your messages should be showing up, because none of them allow for any combination of queue states. The fact that they are showing up indicates a bug. I will see if I can reproduce the issue with my warpbar.

As for !open and !close, it looks like it does affect the state of the queue, but we aren’t displaying the change. I will fix this.

Hmmm ok so i guess i was thinking about it backwards? Really nice you can look at my settings.

I will adjust per your recommendation and try again.

Also, it would be really nice to be able to display ppl in the queue in command responses. I intend to use this for 3 individuals at a time (group of 4 in Monster Hunter World) and i’d like to use $entryName1/2 + the active in a response. - Just a thought.

Thank you for your help

Yeah, I was thinking about that when I was looking at your settings. I just don’t know how I would implement it in a way that would make sense for the current use-cases. Maybe a checkbox for “Display with null values”.

Well the way i’m thinking about it, it shouldnt require much change that would affect others. I just have the first two spots of the queue as the other members of my group, which is totally fine. What i was thinking (as a non-developer and a brand new user…) is to allow the custom commands when i hit “!next” to respond with: “$activeEntryName is the leader, and $entryName1, $entryName2 you’ll be backing us up!”

My apologies if that is too much or i come across as demanding, i’m just excited because this is the best queue system i’ve found it seems.

Ohhh, I thought you were talking about displaying everything in the warp bar. In our current architecture, sending it through the command response would be very challenging.

Plus, if $entryName1 and $entryName2 were null, you’d end up with a message saying

$activeEntryName is the leader, and , you’ll be backing us up!

Ahhhhh that does pose a problem. No worries!

So I updated my settings, and it is working better. But my “hunter leaving” $activeEntryName is not being detected on the right side when it is on the left.

I suspect that fixing the !open / !close issue will fix this as well. The fix for the !open / !close issue is already done, but hasn’t been moved to production yet, and I’m not seeing the $activeEntryName issue in my development environment.

I’ll test this again once we move it to production.

Sounds good, thank you for your help!

I just wanted to update, since you’ve been so helpful.

!open/!close now responds in chat with the proper messages, however they DO NOT refresh the warpbar to reflect this.

Also, $activeEntryName is still only being detected by a single instance in the warpbar. All repeated instances will show up as if there is an entry, but do not display the name.

Thank you