Move to end of queue command?

What are your guys’ opinion of having the !call command moving levels to the back of the queue instead if removing due to AFK? Or even have a !rear command for non-warp bot users to move levels to the tail end of the queue if they aren’t here?

1 Like

The Call command will probably never do anything else than remove the level if the submitter doesn’t respond and there’s several reasons for it while the main one being we don’t wanna get streamers stuck in a loop. If the streamer doesn’t pay attention the bot could easily continue calling the same 10 people over and over without noticing it’s the same people which all have already been called and they are all afk.

Other solutions has been mentioned tho.

• If a level is removed through Call, let the submitter get their original queue position back if they re-submit their level.
  • !PutMeLast, let the viewer move their own level to the end of the queue, it can be used by the viewer before going afk, this would work great with your suggestion of !rear.

Thoughts?

3 Likes

I could see !putmelast being a problem, because if I were to use !putmelast then go away for an hour on a small stream, if a significant number of people were between me the current level also used !putmelast, my level might have advanced significantly in the queue and I might miss it. I like the “let the original submitter get their queue position back” idea though.

1 Like

If you were to go afk for a hour or more in my stream I’d say that’s something you’d have to risk. The whole point of Call is to play levels from viewers that are around, we don’t want it to be used as a tool where you can just submit a level and leave the stream, knowing you have secured a queue spot. Think of it in a bigger scale, what if 10 people in your stream was doing it, should they all be allowed to jump the queue once they get back? Pushing the current person in position #1 down to #11? I think the viewers that doesn’t leave for hours should be first priority. Missing your call shouldn’t be encouraged as it puts the whole stream on hold while searching for the next level to play.

It’s understandable that not everyone can watch every minute of a stream, I often go afk too. But if I’m close to getting my level played I usually wait it out before leaving, or ask the streamer if they can play another level before doing mine. The problem I wanna solve is when people just miss their call, maybe they went to the bathroom, was eating, or whatever. If they show up right after their call and next level has already been started they should be let back in.

I’m thinking something like this.
If you miss your call and wanna get your original queue position back then both of the following must be true.

1. Not more than X (5?) minutes has passed since your level was removed.
  2. The queue is still open.

This can be used in combination with !putmelast by the viewer if they know they’re gonna be away for a while. The command would help the submitter to stay in queue, but it wouldn’t secure their spot forever. If you get your level removed and the queue is closed it’s up to the streamer to !allow you.

2 Likes

Instead of this command having to be connected with the call command. There could be a streamer controlled command where you can push a level to the back of the queue. Like !bump to push it to the back of the queue. So instead of a viewer controlling there position, the streamer can do it for them. I know many streamers that don’t use the call command, they usually use !completed !rand !next , and use !skip or !completed to deal with levels. Having a bump command can be used in that way I believe without using the call command. That way people with non-warp bots can use it too.

1 Like

This idea seems better than mine. It makes sense to not want to bump the next person back 11 spots or so.

1 Like