Multiqueue/Site not loading

For some reason the past week or so when i click login it hangs but im able to get in if i refresh the page. However when i go to multiqueue it hangs and never loads the page. In my game when people do commands it still works but i have no way to reference and since im keeping track manually of submissions it conflicts with that.

I know its not narrowed to brower/pc because its the same on my phone. Anyone experience this issue?

Hello! I’m wondering if you have tried clearing your browser cache/cookies and see if the issue persists?

It also may be worth disconnecting Warp World from https://www.twitch.tv/settings/connections and reconnecting your account.

Nope same thing. Disconnected it from twitch, cleared cache, tried to login here and it pushed me to login via twitch and when I pressed login it hung. I stopped the page and refreshed and I was logged in just like I’ve been having to login the past week.

Thing is, I have this issue on my desktop and on my phone so I don’t thing it has to do with a browser cache issue… It almost seems like it’s account based since the past week :frowning:

Do you have another Twitch account you can try and see if it has the same issue?

Its not letting me i get this

Service Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Apache/2.4.25 (Debian) Server at warp.world Port 443

When i try to login. But if i refresh the page it shows im logged in. It wont however let me into the multiqueue. I think maybe its because i connected my twitch/mixer/dlive because i multistream.

I went in and disconnected my twitch and mixer but dlive doesnt have an option to unauth an app…soo not sure what to do :frowning: Im thinking its account based because when i try to login from another hardware (phone) i get the same thing

Do you have the ability to disconnect authorizations with twitch/mixer/dlive? If so i would think that would be a thing to test.

It has nothing to do with those other services. It sounds more like a connection issue between us and you that is causing issues.

It really seems like it is the account.

Tried different connections unsuccessfully:
When i connect via wifi or phone signal (verizon) i have the same issue. So if it was a path issue id think it would be one or the other.

Tried different user successfully:
I cleared browsing history and unlinked my twitch account to warp.world and it then allows me to get into the login screen from warp.world. I was able to login with a different account name and see the multi queue fine. I then went to the twitch page, removed that connection, cleared cache, tried to login with Loud_Lou and it has the same issue.

Next steps?:
Is there any way you can delete the stored profile for Loud_Lou and see if i can create it from scratch again? I think something got messed up with my account which is preventing it from going through.

We can, but before we do that. Have you tried logging in with another Twitch account? Create a new one if you don’t have a bot account or something else, and let’s make sure it’s not happening.

If it doesn’t happen, great we can look into removing your account. But I’d want to try and preserve your old account settings somehow so I can try and track the issue, so try the alternate account first.

Yeah I’m my last post i mentioned how I tried a different user and it worked. Then I logged out and tried to log back into my account and it froze. If I go to login now, as soon as I hit login it freezes but fortunately I can refresh and it logs me in so I can get to the forum but the multiqueue won’t load.

The only way I can get back to the login screen is when I disconnect from warp.world in twitch setting and clear browser cache. After that I logged into my gals account (psych_ho) and was able to bring up multiqueue. When I logged out, cleared cache and tried to login as loud_lou it freezes.

Try logging in now and let me know if the issue persists. I also added some additionally logging for your account.

Good news is I’m able to login and see the multibit right now however I’m unable test anything as I’m on my phone in bed. Should be able to test tomorrow. Greatly appreciate the support this far! :slight_smile:. Will provide more insight as soon as I’m able to.

UPDATE: started setting up everything and seemed like it was going well until I authenticated for dlive. That seemed to have it start freezing again. Potentially it’s with the dlive api.

I have DLive setup on my account and no issues to report. I’ll remove it from your account to test but that’s strange.

Yup I’m now able to login now. Do you use your twitch account to login to dlive? Potentially it has something to do with that? Hmmm

Yeah, I do login with my Twitch on DLive. It should return the same info back but maybe not. I’ll dig into it.

Thanks for the troubleshooting and reporting.

No problem! Let me know if there’s any steps you want me to walk-through or if there’s a time you want to live troubleshoot and I’ll do what I can to help .

I’m going to be streaming at around 7:00 cst tonight if there’s anything you want to see/capture/analyze.

I noticed this has a tag of “solved”. Do you want me to try to add dlive again and see if it doesn’t lock up now?