Nightbot Drank Too Much Caffeine And Won't Wait Around For Warp World

There appears to be an issue with Nightbot not waiting for a reply from Warp World when you use the !next or !rand commands. Warp World still does all it’s motions to set up the next level properly so it’s not a issue on WW’s end, however I do not expect the Nightdev to give special timeouts to Warp World.

My suggestion is to figure out how to use the Callback URL in the Nightbot header to send the message to the channel instead of displaying it as text in the body of the API reply.

How to reproduce:
1. When a man loves a…

1. Add the commands to nightbot
  2. Use the commands with nightbot
  3. …Profit?
2 Likes

Almost feel like this is more of a suggestion than a bug? Sure it’s kinda a bug but when you think about it, it works everywhere else it’s just nightbot being impatient on that one part. We had previous issues with nightbot before that we had to patch in. :expressionless:

2 Likes

I’ve seen the bug mentioned multiple times on the discord which is why I wasn’t as hesitant to not post. As long as streamers think it’s an issue with Warp World they will come asking for a fix.

Easiest way I see to deal with this is to check the headers at the start for Nightbot ones (specifically the callback url) and if it’s there, kill the connection quick with a response of " " so it doesn’t error out and then use the callback url to reply.

I’ve been playing around with it here: https://gist.github.com/JulianWebb/a6e62e6fc2c16111f14afb748a64f7bc but since I am rusty at coding it’s been a bit slow going. I still need to figure out how to do async or something to get it to stop showing the error. Although the callback is working.

2 Likes

Plus this way you can say it’s a known issue and that you have it listed already. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I have thought of another solution: Drop official support for Nightbot and instead get users to use a different Twitch bot instead so less hair gets pulled out over all.

Evidence of this theory: https://community.nightdev.com/t/what-is-the-timeout-on-urlfetch/9664/7

2 Likes

@ponglesesquire We have made some changes, hopefully it will work better now :smiley:
edit: spoke too soon :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like