Online only for warp bot messages

I’ve been using warp queue for my Mario Maker 2 stream and it has been an amazing help for managing viewer levels. When I stream I always select levels from viewers who are currently online. At any time I may have 10+ levels in the queue from people who aren’t online, and those count towards the count of the queue when new viewers add levels. I’d like to be able to have those counts only use the levels from online users so that I don’t have to tell new viewers that they’re not actually 10th in the queue, when they’re 3rd because I’m filtering by online. Is there a way to accomplish this already?

It should already be doing that with the position time. Sometimes we don’t get accurate results back from Twitch on who is active or not. We’re working to make it a bit more accurate so it should be more clear in the future.

2 Likes

So to ensure I’ve understood correctly, when I filter the list in the website by who is online, it should only use that filtered list to decide how long the queue is? My experience using warp bot is that this never happens. It always reports the number of levels in the queue.

No, the filter is just for visual representation. As like I said, Twitch is pretty bad at telling us accurately the users who are and are not there. I recommend leaving it with Online/Offline showing both, and using that as a rough idea of who is and isn’t online, and then before playing the next level check and speak the users name asking them to speak up if you don’t see them actively chatting.

To clarify more, when the users use !position it uses the online status. So while the queue count still might say 10, if the 10th user is the only one online when they use !position it should have them in the number one spot. That is if Twitch correctly identifies the users correctly.

Thank you for explaining this. !position is exactly what I was looking for. Is there any way for me to override the default add message to use this position number instead? I would prefer they get the wrong number but it still be smaller than the entire queue when they add their level.

It already does?

Oh, NM I see what you mean.

Not at this time, but noted. I should be able to update it to allow you to customize what count to show.

Try using $onlinePosition. It should work in all the join messages!

You can also use $onlineQueue to get the size of the queue of only online users.

If these seem to work out for you I’ll add them to the site.

1 Like

Another thing I do is a “roll call” every now and then to see who is actually in the chat. I frame it as 1) I don’t wanna play your level if you’re not here and 2) I don’t want you to miss your level. I usually only call out the people WarpWorld has specifically flagged as offline, although sometimes those people just stepped away for a moment and a roll call brings them back.

I finally had time to make these changes. I’ll be testing them out tonight in my stream and I will let you know how they go.