"!queue username" does nothing - Warp Bot

Sometimes new viewers don’t know all the commands, so using a !queue for someone else could sometimes be useful. At least it should default to writing the current top 5 in queue (ignoring everything written after “!queue”) rather than doing nothing.

Do you mean you wish to be able to get the bot to respond to the “!queue” command with the name of the person added to it instead of yourself?

I.e. for a command of “!queue Jaku” sent by you, Ionface upon my channel you would get the response of:
@Jaku, 2 levels before you! Next 2 levels are: Zelda The Lost Temple 2, ???/your name?zenzenzense! With a total 2 levels! http://warp.world/q?s=ponglesesquire

If so, I could see that as a possible troll enabler as you could ping someone through a bot and make them wonder what has happened in the chat.

I do agree that the commands should be able to ignore extraneous parameters, I had no idea that “!queue” did not work if not the whole string.

However, I can also see other possible meanings, such as if you wanted to see what levels someone else in the stream has submitted to the streamer without checking the queue on the Warp World page. For that though I would suggest the command of “!list {username}” to find the levels submitted by the other person.

For example: “!list Jaku” for levels submitted to the streamer by Jaku.

There is also an unlikely third option of using “!queue {streamername}” to see the levels within another streamer’s queue, but I don’t see how that one would be very useful.

2 Likes

I mean your first example would be nice. Many chat bot commands have this feature, where you can give information to someone at the same time as showing them which command to run. I’m not concerned about bot abuse, because I assume there are flood limiters and moderators, and there aren’t problems with let’s say “!portions @jaku” or “!portions jaku” (queries for the points games common in twitch chats).

1 Like