Random question about the !allow command!

I know Jaku mentioned the command briefly in the “Give bots more power!” thread regarding mods’ ability to use it, but I had a question about how exactly the command works. It’s been really bothering me, and I can’t find the information anywhere. :stuck_out_tongue:

When the streamer or mod uses the !allow command, how does this allowance work. Does it give the user a certain amount time to do whatever, like add a level, and then expires? Does it just last forever until some sort of un-allow command is used? Or, is it more of a “that user added their level, now they don’t have that ability anymore”.

Mostly wondering about it because I’m curious, however it might be helpful to know how it works if a streamer wants to allow someone to add a set of levels to their queue! :slight_smile:

1 Like

!allow makes it possible for a user to submit whatever they want and bypass all restrictions.
Example of restrictions would be:

• If the queue is closed.
  • The level got a lower clear rate than the minimum allowed.
  • The level contains a banned tag.
  • Submittions is set to Subscribers Only but you wanna let a non-sub in.

Etc.

By using !allow <user> you allow the user to submit one level that can bypass all restrictions. Once they’ve submitted a level all restrictions will apply for them again.

I’m not sure about how long an “allow” last for before it expires. It’s not ever lasting and we talked about setting it to 5min a while back but not sure if that ever became a thing. Maybe @jaku can answer that.

3 Likes

Okay, so it’s more like once someone adds their level the “allowed” permissions are revoked.
I was mostly wondering about the “time-out” aspect. Like, how long the user has to add whatever, especially because it’s sometimes easy to miss the messages in the chat saying you’re allowed to post.
I’m sure you wonderful devs took care of it, though! :smiley:

I wonder, would it be worth it, to automatically send a whisper to someone who has been “allowed”?

1 Like