Super Mario Bros 3 Menu Option Suggestions!

So some of the things I had people ask about doing to me were as follows.

• Taking away lives from your total. Some of them would send lives and the others wanted me dead faster and Boss Bass was just not doing it for them.

• Removing all power ups from Mario in a stage. (Setting any Mario back to little Mario) They already kinda do this by just sending a super mushroom while in flight etc but would be an option I think people would enjoy.

• Removing a random item/items from your stock. Cause who wants to watch you have nice things. I would suggest being able to remove something specific, but that’s probably to difficult.

And of course the one I hear the most…

• The kill Mario button. Because some people are just impatient and wanna see you die now.

I might edit this at some point in the not so distant future after I poll them some more about it.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestions. As a rule we try to not take away things like lives as they typically might be more expensive and players can buy them. We allow things like rupee add/remove in LTTP because they are cheap enough to not be a big deal, but if someone spent $1 or more for something we try to keep it from being taken away.

Similar to removing power-ups, however since SMB3 works differently I think a force small would be good.

Remove random item would work. Like you said it would be tough to let someone choose exact item, but random sounds good.

Kill Mario might not make sense since you can do Time- which could be cheaper/more expensive in certain cases. But giving the choice isn’t bad.

Speaking of Time- used to “instant” kill… Perhaps an idea would be to have the streamer able to enable a “bottom range” limit. This would allow caster to optionally eliminate some cheap inexpensive “instant kills” but still allow the crowd to tamper with the clock.

I mean: let a streamer pick from a list of “Standard and custom user-saved Presets” for a list of Menu Items to Enable/Disable, with recommended default range limits/costs as part of the menu presets, and possibly a way of sharing their menu presets for races and such.

And for menu items like Time- Have a “minimum time” setting in addition to the coin cost setting.

Or this “Add Time Removal Limit for 1min” Might be a combo affect that comes with someone purchasing Time+… E.G. If a Viewer just added 30 seconds to the clock, then for 1 minute - there are 30 seconds of Time which cannot be subtracted by someone else using “Time-”.

For example: People can subtract time, but only if there are still more than 30 seconds on the clock,
and if they try to move Time- from above to below 30 seconds; the Time removal will be clamped so the clock goes down to 30 seconds, and Cost x Seconds that could not be removed returned in coins.

Next have a completely separate menu option – for “Instant Kill” that works regardless of time remaining. That the streamer can choose to Enable or not enable, depending on what set of Menu presets they are playing for that game

There could also be “Buffs Preferred” preset where only adding lives allowed, and a “DeBuffs Preferred” where effects that hinder the streamer are more limited.

Just easily subtracting lives seems like it wouldn’t be much fun, but if they chose 1ups at 10 coins each, then perhaps it makes sense to have a “Range-Limited 1down”, also.

Or the instant death could have a coin price much higher than the cost of a 1up and much higher than the cost of subtracting 2.5 minutes.

I think “buffs preferred” or “debuffs preferred” would just be a matter of turning on and off what you want or changing your price range to be higher or lower for what you want, right?

As for suggestions of my own, how much of the Mario 3 Randomizer stuff can be implemented on the fly via crowd control? Can you change Mario’s color, for instance? What about generating an N Game or adding extra hits to Koopa Kids (that one sounds less doable, but would be a neat addition)? Otherwise, I think what’s here is difficult to improve on!

Yes, exactly, but offering a capability to “select a preset” such as the ‘debuffs preferred’ from a list to set the Menu Items and Prices appropriate to today’s “flavor” to add more variation and freshness to the CC experience for the same games –

Without the streamer having to manually adjust any individual prices or manually/individually turn on/enable extra menu items normally off by default and not having to manually disable the items.

Instead just a couple clicks for “Load preset” to have a set of predefined prices or pricing algorithm and enabled menus automatically configured for the streamer’s chosen gameplay scenario.