Trading channel points for ccc

Why is the use of channel points limited to only 10 redeems per reward during a stream session? (at least according to info on your page) Why isn’t it unlimited or editable by streamer?

We tested channel points with streamers prior to the launch and even after the release of it to the public. In our initial tests the use of channel points being unlimited created multiple problems that we worked with those test channel on to try and solve.

Viewers would redeem channel point coins all stream and fill the chat with the redemption messages. Making it impossible to engage with chat.

Viewers would convert too many points and would ask for their channel points to be returned from the coins they exchanged. Not only is this something the streamer can’t correct, we cannot either. There is no going back and created a support issue on both sides.

We tested various amount of channel point conversions and the 100-1 became the default based on that feedback.

The limit of 10 per-stream is actually a limit of 10 per-session. Meaning if you stop your Crowd Control session and start it again, the rewards are recreated and users can redeem them again. So streamers are still able to make that choice if they want to allow users to redeem more than the initial 10. It also allows them to point to us as the “bad guys” when they really don’t want to change things.

You have control over the prices of your effects for Crowd Control and so while you might not be able to change the conversation rate without Crowd Control Pro, or remove the limit rate you can adjust the prices to match those settings so that a users coins go further.

Our extension and the settings we have are not decided by one person, nor are they done without thought and testing. We take all feedback and are constantly improving the application where ever our users (viewers & streamers) feedback sends us. We understand that some settings or features might not make sense for your stream but we have to take into account what’s best for the majority of our users it terms of usage, support and functionality.

If I remember correctly, some time ago turning off and on Crowd Control session didn’t do the trick and didn’t recreate the rewards. Maybe it was fixed later on or there was some bug or misunderstanding on streamer’s part (I don’t stream myself). I’m happy to know there is way around the limits if streamer wants to allow viewers to redeem more. Thank you so much for your answer. Also, didn’t want to suggest lack of thoughtfullness or anything on your part, just wanted to know if there is any particular reason for that or some way around. Huge appreciation for your work.

The system changed from per-stream to be per-session. So it’s entirely possible that you remember the old system and how it worked. It was used to be 6 redeems, then 8 and now 10.

A big issue of when Twitch finally opened up channel points was that streamers had no idea the number of points out there and so they had no idea how it could of gone. So it made sense to limit it a bit more back then too.

I didn’t include the part about the thoughts on this just for you, but for anyone else that might have had similar questions about this. I’ve mentioned it in our Discord before but having it here and be more searchable is always good.

We try to give streamers a lot of flexibility while keeping things manageable. While we only make revenue off of bit conversions and pro subscriptions, streamers are 100% free to disable the bits portion of our software. Or even choose to run a charity session where donations to the charities we support give coins to the donators.

I appreciate the question and glad you appreciate our work. We do value all feedback and will continue to watch this specific topic for improvements to be made. We actually have a big update around channel points that’s been in the works coming soon.

1 Like