Using Warp.World with Phantombot

I am trying to setup the api commands in my phantom bot and am having no luck doing so i tried messing with the api options with no luck. didnt know if anyone else had any luck using phantombot with warp.world

1 Like

Phantombot doesn’t appear to have a way to do custom API calls. I suggest setting up the Warp Bot instead for now and then if phantombot ever gets customAPI support it will be easy enough to add later.

1 Like

i have these 2 customapi options with it do they not work?

(customapijson URL key | {literal string} …) - Call a remote URL that returns JSON. key or object.key or object.object.key to access JSON data.

(customapi [requesturl]) - Call a remote URL

1 Like

Ah nice they added those then!

(customapi [requesturl]) - Call a remote URL

Would be what you want, but you need to make sure it allows for setting $VIEWER and the message the users have. Do they have any other documentation on the command?

1 Like

Here is the full write-up of all useable commands they have if it helps at all would love see get everything working and hopefully this would help others who use this bot(:

https://docs.phantombot.tv/kb/variables

1 Like

i would like to say i got the commands working with the bot messing with them a slight bit idk if it would help here at all for me to give you the commands?

1 Like

Might be worth to create a custom module for phantombot so the end user don’t have to keep the command list updated themself? Not sure if there’s any docs.

1 Like

ill look into making this for the community if i can figure it out where they just input their secret key and all the commands are automatically built for them (:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey, not at all what I meant, but I fully support it. If you need help, let me know on discord. :slight_smile: (durland#6581)

1 Like

well anyways to help you all get the apis i can give what i have to ya somehow so we can get people with phantombot up and running idk how i would go about this

1 Like

I highly recommend creating a custom module for Warp World in Phantombot if you plan on running the commands through Phantombot. Though you can use the customapi commands, these commands always expect the proper number of arguments when used. Therefore, a command like ‘!add xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx’ will work as you’d expect it to, but using just ‘!add’ will not, it will return an error message from Phantombot instead of the standard Warp World message. Also if you plan on using this with the Phantombot point system, there’s no way to turn the usage of points on or off when the command is used. If you don’t know much about this kind of stuff though, check to see if someone has already made a module for Warp World in the Phantombot forums. I’ve done some fiddling around with all of this and this is what I’ve come up with so far. If you happen to find anything, let me know too!

2 Likes

I decided to create a module after all. It’s not tested a whole lot but should get the job done. :slight_smile:

Download the module here, unzip it, place the .js file in the commands folder, the full path should look like
...PhantomBot\scripts\commands\warpworldCommand.js

I didn’t read up on their DB structure so you’ll have to open the file, go to line #11 and replace YOUR_SECRET_KEY_GOES_HERE with your secret key, found in your settings.

Restart the bot and it should all be set.

The commands are gonna be the same as those you set for WarpBot.

Let me know how it goes if any of you decides to give it a try :seemsgood:

1 Like

I’ve been using the module for the last couple of streams.
For some reason access to the queue command was only granted to mods and higher which I manually adjusted now.

Not quite sure what went wrong there (bug in phantombot, temporary error in the api reply which was saved in the database, some weird voodoo caused by my neighbours loud music…), but I’ll keep an eye on it.

1 Like

Sounds weird, the Queue permission looks correct to me.
Have you had any previous command set up for !queue?
If so, phantombot will use your previous settings, if not, idk :confused:

1 Like

I logged into my testing Twitch profile and I had no issues using the !queue command. I’ll let you know if anything weird happens after tomorrow’s stream.

1 Like