Zelda Wind Waker - Effects never ended

I updated Crowd Control last night before playing the Legend of Zelda Windwaker. Several effects were. activated, but never deactivated. The super-speed effect was used but did not revert back to the normal speed until the game. and crowd control were completely shut down. The sail was removed and I was unable to get the sail back except by purchasing the sail from the vendor on Windfall Island (which I already did much earlier in the game). In another instance, Link was made small and never returned to the normal size.

I love the program but had to stop using it last night because of these bugs.

Thanks for the report. We haven’t seen anyone else have these issues with WW. So can you do 2 things and see if it helps.

First launch Crowd Control like normal, and load the game and using the “Live Extension” button in the app try those effects again yourself and see if the issues persists.

If they do, then try these next steps. You’re free to try them even if they don’t, just incase.

If you press Windows + R and type %appdata%\..\Local\Programs\CrowdControl and delete all the content in there, and then reinstall the program.

https://crowd-control-installer-full.s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/CrowdControl-Setup-6.2.4.exe

Let us know if the error persists.

1 Like

Jaku - Thank you very much for the quick response. I used the “Live Extension” button to start the game while playing yesterday. I will try the Windows + R method later today and circle back. if the error persists.

Thank you!

No problem.

However, please do try the “Live Extension” test before just deleting the files. It will help us determine if this was due to something happening in your session previously.

1 Like

Jaku,

So i think the issue arrises when effects are cued. If i redeem Big Link, then super speed, both effects apply, then Big Link turns off but super speed does not deactivate. Other effects will then cue, but do not activate.

i did all these effects through the “live extension.” I then tried the windows + R method as you suggested and uninstalled the program. Once i reinstalled and restarted, the same effect issue occurred with stacking effects.

Appreciate your help!

That’s strange, I was able to reproduce the issue with the old version of the client. I pushed a new one out that overwrites the files again and things seem to be working at this point. Others that reported similar issues as you in the Discord seem to have things working as well.

Let me know if the latest update that’s currently out continues to do the same for you or if it is resolved.

Jaku - it appears that the dashbord crashes / restarts after 1-2 effects have been activated. This seems to cause the effect to stay active and not deactivate now.

i tried uninstalling and reinstalling crowd control again thinking there was a hangover from the previous version, but that was unsuccessful. BTW ive joined the discord if that is easier to communicate.

The dashboard has nothing to do with the actual triggering of effects, it just shows the status.

https://crowd-control-mods.s3.amazonaws.com/CrowdControl-Setup-6.2.5.exe

Try downloading this, and put the files inside the client folder in `` %appdata%\..\Local\Programs\CrowdControl, it should want to overwrite a bunch.

See if that solves your issue and please report back. Thanks for all the help on troubleshooting this.

i cant seem to download the link. my computer says it detects a virus…

The files are not a virus, it’s just a special build of the client to hopefully get past this issue for you. Because the files have never been seen before, something is triggering a false positive. If you’re getting the message from Chrome, there is usually an option to bypass it. Otherwise, look at your own PC for Anti-Virus programs and disabled them, and try again.

You can instead use this file which is the full installer, with the signed applications to prevent your original error. I just didn’t want to have to build this each time in case we needed you to update the files again.

https://crowd-control-mods.s3.amazonaws.com/CrowdControl-Setup-6.2.5.exe

I can no longer click on Game Selection in order to open the game and start the program

It will have that error if Crowd Control never connects to the server. Try logging out and back in, but also try a restart.

Also was that with the full setup I sent or the files?

i went back and deleted all the crowd control files and re installed the full installer. Now the “live extension” wont even load that the session dashboard wont open

Please provide screenshots. It sounds like the CrowdControl.Client.exe file isn’t running at this time.

The issue where the game selection button does not work is back. This happened with the “https://crowd-control-mods.s3.amazonaws.com/CrowdControl-Setup-6.2.5.exe” link you sent earlier

Press Windows + R type %appdata%\..\Local\Programs\CrowdControl\client again, and look for CrowdControl.Client.exe. Do you see that listed? It may or may not have the EXE.

Please provide a screenshot if you do see it.

If you do not see it, it seems that your Anti-Virus is now deleting files in that folder, causing the above issue.

These are all the files within that client folder that start with “CrowdControl” its looks like there are a few Client files, but none have .exe

CrowdControl.Client is there, its an application. You have extensions disabled so it won’t show .exe extensions which is why I wanted the screenshot.

So that is good, try opening CC again and don’t click “Game Selection” right away, give it a few seconds.